Northwest Security Solutions, Inc.
"Beast I am, lest Beast I become."
Apparent Age: 25
|POW||STR: ●●●○○||INT: ●●●●●||PRE: ●●●●○|
|FIN||DEX: ●●●○○||WIT: ●●●●○||MAN: ●●●○○|
|RES||STA: ●●●●○||RSV: ●●●●●||CMP: ●●●●○|
|Acad: 3*||Athl: 2||AnKn: 2|
|Comp: 0||Brwl: 1||Empt: 3|
|Crft: 2||Drve: 0||Expr: 2|
|Invs: 5*||Fire: 0||Intm: 4|
|Medc: 3||Larc: 0||Pers: 3|
|Occl: 5*||Stlt: 4||Socl: 0|
|Poli: 4||Surv: 5||Stws: 5|
|Scnc: 1||Weap: 1||Subt: 3|
- Wants us to get Judith out of the basement of NSS. She was the monster behind all of the deaths there. See the The Phage Mystery for more details.
- Judith is a former associate of Mary. The details are not known to us, but Mary considers her methods abhorrent, even as they both did work to benefit each other.
- Mary hired Michael to keep an eye on us, which he did, because that’s what he does.
- Mary was successful in convincing Paul that her concern is to find a way to save her soul and eventually make it to heaven, to avoid the damnation that her embrace has thrust upon her.
- Judith is apparently not her sire; her sire has been out of the picture for awhile—it is not known if the sire is dead, asleep, or missing.
- Mary works for an unknown benefactor who lets her do her work.
STORY: She nods slowly. “I was embraced 74 years ago, in Buckinghamshire. I was working for the government, so I assume I was of some use to the Kindred there. Do you all understand?”
PAUL: —Wow, the more you listen to U2 lyrics, the more difficult it is to respect Bono.
PAUL: “During the War.”
STORY: She nods. “At Bletchley Park. I was one of their girls.”
PAUL: “Mathematician? Or computer?”
STORY: “Nothing exciting. Picking balls out of a metal cage.”
STORY: “Helping them write their codes, I suppose. My sire didn’t care; he wanted someone on the inside. He didn’t bother to find out much about me.”
STORY: “And I did his bidding for some time. Helped win the war. For their reasons. None of this matters, except to make it clear to you that I was not considered important in the goals they had set forth. It was where I was, not who I was, that chose me for this curse.”
STORY: “It is only through the help of my benefactor that I am alive myself. I amuse him, I think, and he allows me my research.”
PAUL: “Your benefactor is your sire?”
STORY: “No. My sire… he had his final death some decades ago.”
STORY: “This is where I come to you. I had an associate – someone whose methods abhorred me, but she was making progress I was not able to make. Progress towards understanding the potential for absolution – for an afterlife for myself and my kind.”
THEA: Thea looks at Dom to see if she can catch his eye.
DOM: Dom is distractedly staring at Mary.
STORY: “I need you to bring her to me. Intact.”
LUKE: Luke shakes his head.
LUKE: Luke shakes it again. “Her who? She one a you?”
STORY: “Her name is Judith. And she was your employer.”
Mary: “She was doing her own research, trying to find a way to break the curse altogether. I alone am concerned with our absolution.”