Northwest Security Solutions, Inc.
Dauntless Teen Detective
Pulleys are clinking
Ropes are fraying
Down to thread
The mind is always working
Out ways to see
The things I shouldn’t see
And have the things I shouldn’t have
I see the night sky as a jewelry store window and my mind is half a brick
Concept: Plucky Teen Detective
|POW||STR: ●○○○○||INT: ●●●○○||PRE: ●○○○○|
|FIN||DEX: ●●●●○||WIT: ●●●●○||MAN: ●○○○○|
|RES||STA: ●●○○○||RSV: ●●○○○||CMP: ●●●●○|
Investigation: ●●●●○ (Crime Scene)
Medicine: ●●○○○ (Emergency Care)
Science: ●○○○○ (Biology)
Animal Ken: ○○○○○
There were a lot of good reasons why The Asylum needed to shut down John Valentine’s paranormal detective agency. Protecting the strange, quiet youth from horrors he could not possibly be prepared to face was certainly one. The general indignity of racing for leads and continually being tailed by a tiny, adorable teen was definitely another. After nearly a year of competition with the Encyclopedia Brown of Port Angeles in a world where Bugs Meany is a ghost who eats blood, Richard finally just gave in and offered John an internship. Two months ago, after a long stay working in the archives, the company promoted him to field agent and began letting him back out on investigations.
You know little about the kid. He’s polite, competent in the field, and doesn’t bother you unless it’s important. He mumbles.
Notes from Luke Winters’s fieldbook:
- dauntless teen detective
- parents are unexplored narratively, but there’s something going on there. John was previously hesitant to discuss his parents, and now that he’s a nutbar he mentioned trying to find them.
- at the fitness center, he had a fox head floating around his own head – spiritual possession? Luke wasn’t there so he doesn’t know.
- after Adam left, he left too and worked for Michael for some time. At some point, he left Michael’s employment to strike out on his own and hasn’t been seen since
- except for last night, at which point we found him. He’s got this german shepherd that he insists is Adam, he’s definitely paranoid, disassociative, and probably suffering from memory loss. he’s obsessed with getting Dr. Norbu’s notes so he can “cure Adam”.
- went to NSS after the accident, found Evelyn, got her out. They’re both crazy in similar ways, which might mean we’re also going to go that kind of crazy when we go back down there.
- does not know how to teleport
- thinks he speaks Japanese, is trying to remember. possibly possessed by a kitsune. the fox?