Northwest Security Solutions, Inc.
Erstwhile priest and associate of Father Contino, always one more favor away from being out of your hair.
|POW||STR: ●●○○○||INT: ●○○○○||PRE: ●●●○○|
|FIN||DEX: ●●○○○||WIT: ●●○○○||MAN: ●●○○○|
|RES||STA: ●●●○○||RSV: ●●●○○||CMP: ●●●○○|
|Acad: 2||Athl: 1||AnKn: 0|
|Comp: 0||Brwl: 2||Empt: 3|
|Crft: 0||Drve: 0||Expr: 2|
|Invs: 1||Fire: 1||Intm: 2|
|Medc: 1||Larc: 1||Pers: 1|
|Occl: 4||Stlt: 0||Socl: 1|
|Poli: 0||Surv: 0||Stws: 0|
|Scnc: 0||Weap: 1||Subt: 0|
Declan loves a good time almost as much as he loves destroying evil. An excommunicated priest from the Catholic church and a mysterious associate of Father Paul Continio’s, he likes to say he lost his virginity, his faith, and his collar to whiskey, and only ever got one back. When he comes into town, Contino knows trouble is following, but there isn’t another man he’d rather have at his back when the apocalypse comes. Fond of carrying a hogleg tucked into his jacket, Declan is always good for a joke, a hard night of drinking, and a confession, as long as you want to give it.
- Paul and Declan met on St. Patrick’s Day, 2011, in a non-Irish dive bar in Seattle—the type where they’d rather glass you than draw a shamrock in your Guinness, but they nevertheless have Guinness on tap—where they were hiding out from the drunken hordes of American-Irish revelry. Recognizing kindred spirits in each other, they have worked together, albeit contentiously, from time to time, fighting evil and the bottle wherever they could find it.
- Declan lead Paul, Dan, and John to the gym filled with hybrid animal creatures living in an abattoir in the basement.
- Richard seems to have an antipathy towards Declan, at times quizzing Paul about the priest (actually, Richard claims Declan is not even a priest, but that it’s all part of a con, and that Declan’s actually “working for a multinational conglomerate doing the work of the very creatures we are dedicated to studying.”), and requesting that Paul not use any of the abilities that Declan might have taught Paul, ostensibly because they might have come from Declan making deals with demons/the devil or something like that. Paul has, unbeknownst to Richard, broken this promise. Adam’s theory about this promise was that Richard knew Adam was a garou and wanted to hide this fact from Paul’s True Sight. This is as of yet unconfirmed.
- Richard also alleged that Declan was responsible for Iris’s condition as a blood drinking crazy person. Iris and Declan had certainly had a relationship—Richard wasn’t making that up, but Iris was comfortable with Declan, not terrified of him, and turned to Declan for help after Adam and Luke helped free Iris and transported her to Adam’s house.
- Declan calls Paul “Gaz.” It’s super irritating.
- Declan knows something of werewolves. Unknown how.
Notes from Luke Winters’s fieldbook:
- alcoholic Irish priest. really broke the mold with that one, Jess
- gave up priesthood
- fell under Iris’s thrall, tried to hurt luke and kill ryan
- kind of a dick
- now wants nothing to do with us because of our decision re: iris, that’s ok with Luke
- he used to minister in Dogtown
- I never really talked to this guy.